[Haskell-cafe] Non-technical Haskell question

Gour gour-haskell-cafe-dated-1102785921.d04d52 at atmarama.org
Mon Dec 6 12:25:21 EST 2004

azrael at demonlords.net (azrael at demonlords.net) wrote:

> However if there is a desire to make Haskell more accessible to the majority
> of programmers then the first impressions that I, and those like me have is
> important.

Sure. I'm also pretty new to Haskell & ghc concerned to see Haskell used by
more programmers.

Applications like darcs are very important enabling newcomers to see some
concrete & succesful non-academia-open-source project.

Besides that, seeing the progress of projects working on the binding for
gui-libraries (wxhaskell & gtk2hs) are VERY encouraging giving me hope that
my investment in learning Haskell can be worthwile i.e. one is able to put
together 'full-blown' application with gui interface.

However, these projects are mostly done by few individuals working hard and
there is also "A Bus Hits Simon Peyton Jones" problem referred during the
CUFP workshop.

Any idea how to make a (more organize) community effort to bring Haskell out?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Registered Linux User	| #278493