[Haskell-cafe] Non-technical Haskell question

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Dec 7 07:05:36 EST 2004

Well, looking at perl/python/PHP (as in LAMP), I would say the trick is
to pick
an application area and make it extreemely easy to use the language in
that area,
as well as trivial to install and maintain the language support.

Of course the fact that perl/python/php all picked web-services (active
web pages)
just as the internet took off may have helped.

So as is usual in computing - use your crystal ball to find out what the
next big
thing is, then make sure Haskell has a cool domain-specific-embedded
language
that is easy to use for that application domain ready, and then make sure
everyone knows about it.

    Keean.