[Haskell-cafe] Re: Non-technical Haskell question

Matthew Walton matthew at alledora.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 05:24:36 EST 2004

mattr wrote:
> Haskell is still a very dynamic language - there is still much room for
> it to grow and improve.  In that sense, it is still young.
>
> Perl and Python and Ruby have hit middle age - no more growing, just
> more bulk accumulating around the middle.

Or in Perl's case, a seriously ambitious redesign: http://dev.perl.org/perl6

Note that among the features being added are lazy lists, generators and
currying, to add to the stuff Perl 5 has which lets you do
sort-of-functional programming. Haskell gets mentioned fairly often in
some of the discussions, but that might be because I'm the one who keeps
mentioning it :-)