[Haskell-cafe] Re: Non-technical Haskell question

Arthur van Leeuwen arthurvl at cs.uu.nl
Thu Dec 9 03:36:39 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:34:09AM +0100, Sebastian Sylvan wrote:
> Anyway, I'm currently working on an article for a Swedish print
> magazine on Haskell (similar to the one linked above, but less
> argumentative) that's due out at the end of January 2005. Hopefully
> that will contribute to spark the interest of a few imperative
> programmers to try Haskell out.
> I think that's a pretty good way to go about it. If you calmly list
> the benifits of Haskell, with a few tutorial-ish examples, and get
> that published in a print magazine (which the mainstream programmers
> read) I think that could convince quite a few people to give it a try.

It does indeed help. The Dutch edition of c't published an article on Clean
in the march edition of 2003, which seems to have lead to some new influx
on the Clean mailinglists.

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |       arthurvl at cs.uu.nl       | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt