[Haskell-cafe] hGetLine problem

Michael Walter michael.walter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 10:30:29 EST 2004

Herro,

thanks for your feedback on my last question, it helped quite a bit.

I continued toying with my toy web server, and I'm "sometimes" getting
"Invalid argument" errors in hGetLine for a handle I retrieved from
Network.listenOn.

"Sometimes", because it works fine in the browser, except when I
reload very frequently -- maybe it's related to some concurrency
issues (I'm using forkIO to spawn off the handler process from the
main server loop). When I wanted to benchmark the server using "ab"
(Apache Benchmark), it didn't even "survive" one request but Fail'ed
using that error message - "<handle: n>: hGetLine: Invalid argument".

I tried adjusting the buffering mode.

Do you have any ideas?

Cheers,
Michael