[Haskell-cafe] FiniteMapFiniteMap

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 13 15:23:38 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 14:56 -0500, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:
> Hmm cool. Binary does not appear in the GHC
> docs...  Is it new?

Ah, it's not a user library distributed with GHC, it's a library used
internally in the implementation of GHC. If you want to use it you have
to rip it out of the ghc source tree. :-)

That said, it's actually quite a free-standing module. A version cleaned
of most ghc dependencies (it still depends on FastMutInt) is available
here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/gtk2hs/gtk2hs/tools/c2hs/base/general/Binary.hs?rev=1.1
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/gtk2hs/gtk2hs/tools/c2hs/base/general/FastMutInt.hs?rev=1.1

One quick hack I made that you might need to fix is that I did:
#define SIZEOF_HSINT 4

whereas of course SIZEOF_HSINT should come
from /usr/lib/ghc-$VER/include/MachDeps.h or some config.h file
generated by ./configure. Of course that is what the version in ghc's
sources does.

Duncan