[Haskell-cafe] Sound library?

Jeremy Shaw jeremy.shaw at linspireinc.com
Tue Dec 14 14:47:37 EST 2004

At Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:40:45 -0800,
Jeremy Shaw wrote:

> At Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:56:24 -0500,
> Jason Bailey wrote:
> >

> > Would anyone know of packages out there for Haskell that support mp3's
> > or ogg files?
>
> I have some haskell bindings to libmad somewhere ... I don't remember
> how complete they are, but I think i got them to the point that I
> could decode and play an mp3.

Sorry for the delay, I found a copy of my code that compiles, it is
now online at:

http://www.n-heptane.com/nhlab/

I think it might even work...

Right now I only have a low-level binding, and a sample application
that decodes an mp3. But, the low-level bindings to mad are pretty low
-- there really needs to be a higher level library, but I have not
written one yet ;)

The MadTest stuff is a bit hack-ish and should probably be updated to
use NewBinary.

Jeremy Shaw.
--

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the
addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone