[Haskell-cafe] Thinner secure email?

Justin Walsh jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Sat Feb 21 09:29:49 EST 2004

Re: my last goof up

Hi,

I know, being a totally ignorant Haskell newbie, that I should soon get to know my pecking order.
But this e-paper shuffle is so damned annoying. i.e. "Hello World"
In .txt mode is 11 bytes.
In NoteTab Lite .txt (with url; say "Ripose.com.au") is 28 bytes
In WordPad .doc 4,603 kbytes
In MS Word .doc 19,456 kbytes.
I would have though that the first project might have been the email itself.
X does not seem to have been considered here.
Why is so much rubbish data going down the line?
Am I asking too many question?
On the squeak-dev list I would be getting; Well $#1*?  stop winging and fix it.
I would, if I knew that Haskell is the right tool to use, if a tool is really needed at all.
Does anybody get my reasoning?
At my age 64.5 I'm too old to start another language, then find out that it's another dead end.
I'm not trolling (I forgot to mention, I hate trolls too).

With respect
Justin walsh

---