[Haskell-cafe] Re: Processing of large files

Alexander N. Kogan alexander at kogan.nnov.ru
Mon Nov 1 16:48:22 EST 2004

Hi!

> Peter Simons wrote:
> > Read and process the file in blocks:
> >
> >   http://cryp.to/blockio/docs/tutorial.html
>
>     On a related note, I've found the collection of papers below to be
> helpful in understanding different methods of handling files in Haskell.
>
>     http://okmij.org/ftp/Computation/Computation.html#enumerator-stream

Sorry, I don't understand. I thought the problem is in laziness - my list of
tuples becomes ("qqq", 1+1+1+.....) etc and my program reads whole file
before it starts processing. Am I right or not? If I'm right, how can I
inform compiler that  my list of tuples should be strict?

--
Alexander Kogan
Auto Wave Processes Group