[Haskell-cafe] Re: Linear algebra library for game programming.

Serguey Zefirov thesz at mail.ru
Sun Nov 7 15:58:30 EST 2004

> Will you use lists or arrays?

No, not arrays. I use Haskell from time to time for about three or four years
and had succeed not to learn any of array operations at all. That amuses me
more than anything else.

> Index-less, list-based linear algebra packages have been constructed
> a few times. There is CLAS of Thorsten Zoerner, in Clean - a language
> similar to Haskell.
>
> See HBlas of Hal Daume for Haskell. (But you will need CLAPACK; this
> is a serious, optimized stuff).

Thank you for pointers.

> Do you need an elegant toy, or a fast number cruncher?

Elegant and fast enough toy for number crunching. ;)

I hope I could use some of techniques from your papers (Generating power of
lazy semantics, for example) in this toy, if I succeed.

--
Yours truly, Serguey Zefirov, theszATmail.ru.