[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Re: Global Variables and =?utf-8?q?IO initializers?=

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 8 16:53:09 EST 2004

Yes I didn't read your specification accurately... However I would argue
such a constraint on the problem domain is artificial as operating
systems exist.
At the end of the day it is the job of the OS to manage such one-shot
hardware
inits, not application code. (As the OS is the only thing that can
manage resources
accross multiple programs)...

What did you think of the code example given where the one-shot nature is
provided by a 'C' wrapper around the FFI function. I think this is the best
solution...

    Keean.