[Haskell-cafe] Sample rate inference

Jeremy Shaw jeremy.shaw at linspireinc.com
Thu Nov 11 12:58:24 EST 2004

Hello,

This sounds vaguely like the encryption modulus problem dealt with in
this paper:

http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~ccshan/prepose/prepose.pdf

"Function Pearl: Implicit Configurations -- or, Type Classes Reflect
the Values of Types".

Though, I have not thought about it too hard...

Jeremy Shaw.

At Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:49:13 +0100 (MEZ),
Henning Thielemann wrote:

>  I want to connect several functions for signal processing. The typical
> case is that in a network of signal processor there are parts that are
> already discretized such as sampled sounds, and there are processors with
> no particular sample rate such as amplifiers. But when it comes to
> computation each processor must choose a sample rate for processing. There
> are also processors for converting sample rates. They divide the network
> into components of equal sample rate.
>  The computation sample rate should be propagated through the network as
> follows:
>   If in a component of equal sample rate some processors have the same
> fixed sample rate, all uncertain processors must adapt that.
>   If some processors have different fixed sample rates this is an error.
>   If no processor has a fixed sample rate, the user must provide one
> manually.
>  To me this looks very similar to type inference. Is there some mechanism
> in Haskell which supports this programming structure?

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the
addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone
the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender and delete the message.  Thank you.