[Haskell-cafe] Help!

Keith Wansbrough Keith.Wansbrough at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 29 09:14:31 EST 2004

> Hi,
> I'm a computer´s student and have some problems with a work I have to do.
> My teacher has an application written in Haskell(with GUI) and he wants I work
> on Visual Studio.net to make a GUI in C# and its buttons have to call his
> Haskell'application . I'm very disoriented and help'needed.Please!!

Option 1: have your C# application send faked .NET GUI messages
(button clicked, text entered, and so on) to the Haskell GUI, using
SendMessage or whatever it's called.

Option 2: on the Haskell side, implement a little textual command
language that allows you to drive the Haskell app; connect it to a
socket; arrange that the C# app sends the commands to the socket.

Option 3: use the Haskell FFI to connect to a C wrapper that
implements whatever interface you like; use the .NET native support to
talk to that interface.

Option 4: compile Haskell to IL using the (experimental) switch on the
GHC compiler.

What does your teacher want you to do?

Reply to the list, please, not to me only.

--KW 8-)

--
Keith Wansbrough <kw217 at cl.cam.ac.uk>
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/kw217/