[Haskell-cafe] Re: OCaml list sees abysmal Language Shootout results

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Thu Oct 7 07:13:26 EDT 2004

Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> writes:

> Keith Wansbrough writes:

>> Count me as a vote for the better-but-slightly-slower wc.

> How about the attached program? On my machine it faster than
> Tomasz's version, and I think it's still a fairly clean
> source code

I guess it's possible to submit three different Haskell entries (for
GHC, Hugs and NHC).  Perhaps we should split up, and aim for
performance with GHC, memory with NHC and clarity/brevity with Hugs?

(Seriously, it would be very instructive to look at the differences
between the three versions.)

-kzm