[Haskell-cafe] OO idioms redux

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sun Oct 17 02:19:51 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 5:20 pm, Ben Rudiak-Gould wrote:

[ snip -- thanks for the examples and discussion ]

>  1. Try replacing implementation inheritance with containment and
>     delegation when you translate to Haskell.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by containment and delegation --
could you elaborate?

>  2. Try revisiting the original problem and thinking about how to
>     solve it in a Haskellish way, rather than solving it in another
>     language and then translating.

Thats exactly what I'm trying to do here :-)  I've thought of having a
type that basically stores a bunch of functions -- an implementation
would simply provide an instance of that type with the functions,
maybe.