[Haskell-cafe] executable scripts?

John Velman velman at cox.net
Fri Oct 22 19:05:29 EDT 2004

One of the nice things about perl (for example) is that you can put
together a script with #!/usr/local/perl (in bash for example) as the first
line of a file and run it immediately.  I've used perl a lot this way with
simple 'throw away' scripts to do special filtering on a file, or some
other processing that I want to do one or a few times.  occasionally, a
script like this will have a more permanant value to me, and I keep it
around.

Is there some way to do something similar in with Haskell?   I've tried the
most obvious (to me) test with Hugs and it doesn't work.

Surely there is a way to do this!

Thanks,

John Velman