[Haskell-cafe] Are handles garbage-collected?

Tomasz Zielonka t.zielonka at students.mimuw.edu.pl
Tue Oct 26 16:22:23 EDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 09:28:23PM +0200, Tomasz Zielonka wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 08:55:46PM +0200, Remi Turk wrote:
> > P.S. Why do so many people (including me) seem to come to Haskell
> >      from Python? It can't be just the indentation, can it? ;)
>
> How many? I don't.

My road to Haskell went from C, C++ and Perl through Ocaml, Clean and
Erlang. I was mainly motivated by dissatisfaction with languages I used
at the moment. I am very happy with Haskell and I think I'll be using it
for some time.

I still use C++ at work, mostly because of performance requirements and
participation in multi-developer projects (multi stands for 2-3 here).
To be honest, I am very happy with what we managed to achieve in C++,
but I still get angry when I code some more complicated but
less-performance-critical parts and I think how easy it would be in
Haskell :)

Best regards,
Tom

--
.signature: Too many levels of symbolic links