[Haskell-cafe] The implementation of functional languages

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Mon Sep 20 23:35:22 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 07:53:31AM -0600, Marius Nita wrote:
> On Sep 20, 2004, at 1:26 AM, mattr wrote:
> >I am working thru "Implementing Functional Languages: a tutorial" and
> >I want to look up one of the references to get more details.
> >
> >I am looking for the book "The implementation of Functional
> >Programming languages" by S. L. Peyton Jones.
> >
> >Anyone know how I can get it?  I would be willing to pay for a second
> >hand copy if anyone has one.
>
> Hi,
>
> This book is out of print and currently there is no electronic version
> of it. The Haskell bookstore folk are working on reconstructing it and
> making it available for print-on-demand,
> http://www.cafepress.com/haskell_books/, but it's not clear when
> exactly it will be available.
>
> Your other option is to try to find a used copy, but they are pretty
> expensive.

I am working on getting that book available in the haskell bookstore. I
searched quite a while before I found a used printed copy at a
reasonable price and my search was part of my motivation for creating
the bookstore.

It is a bit trickier than the other books on the site because I only
have a scanned in copy of the print version to work with, rather than
LaTeX source. but I should have time this week to get it online.
        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈