[Haskell-cafe] Re: combining HUnit and QuickCheck

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Sat Apr 30 14:28:50 EDT 2005

Lemming <schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de> writes:

> I want to run randomized tests and others and I thought it would be a good
> idea to run QuickCheck tests in the HUnit framework.

I've approached it from the other side, I'd like to do unit tests in
QuickCheck. I've hacked up a prototype that saves failing test seeds for the
next test run.  See http://www.scannedinavian.org/~shae/tdd-qc.tar.gz
It's a rough prototype, I would appreciate ideas for improvement or patches.

I've also looked at adding static values to QuickCheck for full unit testing.
That doesn't appear difficult, but I haven't tried it yet.
--
Programming is the Magic Executable Fridge Poetry, | www.ScannedInAvian.com
It is machines made of thought, fueled by ideas.   | -- Shae Matijs Erisson