[Haskell-cafe] Re: Practical introduction to monads

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 18:31:05 EDT 2005

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:

> A very nice simple starting monad from the Prelude to consider when
> thinking about these things is Maybe.

[...]

> It took me a long time before I realized I could do this,

Wow, that's a really nice example.

> For more complicated practical examples (and only sporadically documented),
> you could look at some of the darcs source code.
[...]

Hmm, I've had on my list to look at the source of Darcs (and Pugs) as
nice "real-life" large-scale programs. I'm not sure I'm ready yet,
but maybe I should see how I go...

Thanks for the comments,
Paul.
--
Heck: the place you go to you don't believe in Gosh. -- WinXPNews
reader Mark G.