[Haskell-cafe] Haskell poker server

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Tue Aug 30 07:35:30 EDT 2005

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Tomasz Zielonka wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 12:41:20PM +0200, Joel Reymont wrote:
>> Erlang does this nicely, I replied to the LtU thread. I positively
>> got the impression that nobody was parsing binary data in Haskell ;).
>
> I am doing this quite often, I apologize for not sharing my experience
> and promise to improve ;-)
>
> BTW, if efficiency is not a primary concern, Parsec can be quite nice
> for decoding binary messages of many protocols.

I'd quite like to see some benchmarks for Parsec parsers compiled with
jhc, I can't help thinking that the optimisations involved would make them
go much faster. Not really practical right here and right now AFAIK, but
hey.

flippa at flippac.org

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recomendations.
Ivanova is God.
And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!