[Haskell-cafe] STM, orElse and timed read from a channel

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Dec 1 08:26:40 EST 2005

Hello Simon,

SM> It's a modification of GHC.Conc, so I can't supply a standalone
SM> implementation I'm afraid.

>> I could use Tomasz's workaround in the meantime but isn't GHC 6.6
>> supposed to be out in a year?

SM> Rather less than a year, I hope.

Joel, you can download GHC 6.6 beta builds (from
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/head/dist ?), so you only
need to wait until Simon actually merges this update to the main code

of course, using fresh beta versions can lead to even more problems
than you already found in GHC :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com