[Haskell-cafe] RE: Wierd activation record found on stack

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 5 06:30:33 EST 2005

On 04 December 2005 16:50, Joel Reymont wrote:

> To add a little bit of detail (thanks to dons for the tips), the
> signal is being caught in one of the threads launched by the main
> thread. Simply calling exitWith (ExitFailure 1) from this thread
> causes the error below. I changed my code to send messages to running
> threads asking them to quit and this made the error go away.
>
> On Dec 4, 2005, at 12:27 PM, Joel Reymont wrote:
>
>> randomplay: internal error: scavenge_stack: weird activation record
>>     found on stack: 0 Please report this as a bug to
>>     glasgow-haskell-bugs at haskell.org, or
>> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ghc/
>>
>> I installed my own signal handlers with the intent of having my
>> profile reports written out. The program runs forever and otherwise
>> generates no profile reports when I interrupt it.

This was fixed recently, I believe:

revision 1.276
date: 2005-11-08 10:44:22 +0000;  author: simonmar;  state: Exp;  lines:
+1 -2
raiseAsync: fix bug that can cause a scavenge_stack panic for a thread
that has just been killed.

The fix will be in 6.4.2, or you can grab a STABLE snapshot from the
haskell.org.

Cheers,
	Simon