[Haskell-cafe] Re: :t main

David Menendez zednenem at psualum.com
Wed Dec 7 01:23:54 EST 2005

Simon Peyton-Jones writes:

> I've not been following this thread, but I wanted to check: you do
> know about Tarmo Uustalu's stuff about comonads, don't you?
>
> http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ekarttun/comonad/  summarises (link to
> "The essence of dataflow programming" at the bottom)

You caught me. That paper was the reason I thought comonadic IO might
resemble dataflow programming. I should have provided a link, but I was
lazy.

I also recommend "Comonadic functional attribute evaluation"[1] and "The
dual of substitution is redecoration"[2], which have nothing to do with
IO but do describe some applications of comonads.

[1] <http://cs.ioc.ee/~tarmo/papers/tfp05-book.pdf>
[2] <http://cs.ioc.ee/~tarmo/papers/sfp01-book.ps.gz>
--
David Menendez <zednenem at psualum.com> | "In this house, we obey the laws