[Haskell-cafe] RE: [Haskell] fptools mirror in darcs ready for testing

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 12 09:54:08 EST 2005

On 08 December 2005 18:21, Malcolm Wallace wrote:

>> http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/ghc
>> http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/libraries
>
> It suddenly occurs to me that there are other projects in CVS
> that have not yet been converted to darcs, e.g. Hugs98 and nhc98.
> Are there plans to do so?  If not, then since both of these depend
> on the libraries tree, there will need to be some other plan to cope
> with the eventual dropping of the libraries CVS archive.
>
> There are also a bunch of other smaller, more stand-alone projects
> like cpphs, hat, ohugs, programmatica, timber.  The long-term plan
> for Hat is to depend on the libraries tree, although it does not do
> so currently.  Hugs98 and nhc98 both currently depend on cpphs.

It might be worthwhile someone setting up a mirror from darcs->CVS to
keep the libraries CVS tree up to date, to help support these other
projects that aren't moving to darcs yet (or at all?).

John Goerzen has told me that setting up a reverse mirror should be
possible, but not at all trivial - and I think he's already done his
fair share for the community by setting up the darcs mirror for fptools
:-)  So we're looking for a volunteer...

Cheers,
	Simon