[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Process library (for dataflow-oriented programming?)

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 07:04:11 EST 2005

Bulat,

How is your library licensed?

How can a process maintain internal state?

How would I use your library to code a socket reader/writer that
writes received events to the socket and propagates back anything
that is received?

The producer/consumer in front of this network client would be
another process that analyzes the events sent back to it and produces
events based on the analysis.

How would I use it to launch a few network clients that seat there
and process events until they decided to quit? The whole program
needs to stay up until the last network client has exited.

The pipeline to me looks like this:

                    <-> Bot <-> Socket client ... Server
                  /
Bot launcher ---   <-> Bot <-> Socket client ... Server
                  \
                    <-> Bot <-> Socket client ... Server

Where bot launcher starts a predefined # of bots and collects results
sent back by each one.

I think your library looks a bit like Yampa in that your processes
are somewhat like signal functions.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/