[Haskell-cafe] Re: Tutorial uploaded

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 15:52:51 EST 2005

Hi,

> Hugs 	Interpreter only 	Suitable for learning. You'll need GHC for serious work.

This is putting Hugs down quite a bit. I personally prefer Hugs, and
use it for serious work (including developing a Haskell compiler, and
4 years of academic study and counting). About the only thing it
doesn't do is produce standalone binaries.

I would have actually said Hugs, and especially the Windows front end
WinHugs was a lot more suitable for beginners than GHC, but the wiki
page very much gives the other impression.

Thanks

Neil