[Haskell-cafe] Haskell vs OCaml

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Fri Dec 23 19:35:21 EST 2005

Hi all,

Okay, I've been studying Haskell for a few days and I think I have a
feel for the language. I completted a course, and wrote a Revers Polish
Notation calculator.

Now that I sort of understand Haskell, I was hoping someone could give
me an opinion on OCaml from a Haskell POV. Both are functional and have
fairly clear syntax. OCaml is supposed to be very fast, and Haskell
perhaps is not. Besides that, what else could you say about them? What
would make someone prefer one over the other?

Any thoughts, opinions and comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Daniel.
--