[Haskell-cafe] Problem with Hyperlinking Haddock-documentation

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 27 07:38:45 EST 2005

On 27 January 2005 09:03, Daniel Fischer wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005 21:49 schrieben Sie:
>> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Daniel Fischer wrote:
>>> Maybe somebody can enlighten me.
>>>
>>> When I run haddock and put the html files e.g. in directory
>>> ~/bar/foo, any references to things defined in the Prelude or the
>>> libraries are linked to, say ~/bar/foo/Prelude.html#t%3AFractional,
>>> which of course does not exist, because the documentation for the
>>> Prelude is elsewhere.
>>>
>>> How can I tell haddock to link such references to where Prelude.html
>>> actually is?
>>
>> I add an option like
>>
>> -i /usr/local/share/ghc-6.2/html/libraries/base/base.haddock
>>
> The problem still stands, the link is to ~/bar/foo/Prelude.html,
> not to /usr/local/....
> where Prelude.html is.
>
> Does anybody know what to do?

You probably want to invoke Haddock like this:

 haddock
-i/usr/share/ghc-6.2.2/html/libraries/base,/usr/share/ghc-6.2.2/librarie
s/base/base.haddock

(all on one line).  The first path specifies the directory of the HTML
for the base package, the second path specifies the .haddock file for
the base package.

Cheers,
	Simon