[Haskell-cafe] cabal --user question

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Mon Jul 11 04:41:25 EDT 2005

Hi Isaac,

Is there a way to specify a particular package.conf for use when
installing and registering packages with Cabal? I'm trying to
Cabal-ize WASH which has a number of packages which depend on each
other. The problem is that in order to build the next package, the
previous one has to be installed, yet users typically want to do a
full build *before* installing anything. I was thinking that for the
'make' step it could just install each package locally and register it
in a local package.conf (i.e. somewhere in the project tree), and then
'make install' would rerun the install commands with the final install
location and final package database as arguments. But I can't figure
out how to specify the local package.conf to 'configure' or 'install',
there are just the '--user' and '--global' commands which aren't quite
enough.

Frederik