[Haskell-cafe] CGI module almost useless

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Jun 1 14:32:41 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:54:54AM -0700, Jeremy Shaw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have done all of those things in WASH. But, don't let that stop you
> from writing something better :) I think some people started a project
> to write a CGI interface based on a 'Category' -- where a 'Category'
> is like an 'Arrow' without the 'pure/arr' function...

>From what I can tell, there are two problems with WASH:

1) Everything must be done the WASH way

2) WASH is mostly broken with GHC 6.4

Let me elaborate a bit on #1.

Let's say I have a CGI interface pre-defined; I take certain parameters
from a GET request and do certain things, generating certain headers no
the result.

WASH is all centered around generating its own forms, naming its own
fields, passing around its own state.  It's not at all clear how to
handle this myself, as I would with Perl or PHP.

If there is a way, please explain it and I'll be happy :-)

I think that the GHC 6.4 brokenness is fixable, but it makes me nervous
that upstream has said nothing about it to date.

-- John