[Haskell-cafe] Re: A Tool To Show Functions Relationship?

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Mon Jun 6 10:44:56 EDT 2005

Dimitry Golubovsky <golubovsky at gmail.com> writes:

> Does there exist a tool which given a Haskell source, shows functions
> that are mutually recursive (i. e. call each other, even via calling
> third, etc. functions)? Knowledge of that would help to split the
> module into smaller modules without risk to create recursive modules.

hIDE had such a tool[1], though I don't know how it worked.
It's possible you could find similar functionality in either HaRe, the Haskell
Refactoring Browser[2] or the Programatica toolset[3].
Maybe once the ghc-api works that sort of tool will be easy?

[1] http://www.scannedinavian.org/~shae/hIDE.png
[2] http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/refactor-fp/hare.html
[3] http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~hallgren/Programatica/
--
It seems I've been living two lives. One life is a self-employed web developer
In the other life, I'm shapr, functional programmer.  | www.ScannedInAvian.com