[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] how can i learn haskell?

Cale Gibbard cgibbard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:24:28 EDT 2005

On 10/06/05, mehmet oguz <moguz21 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need help all about Haskell.
>
> How can i study?Which programs i need to write codes? etc.
>
> Thank you for your attention

Though Haskell.org will provide good pointers, I'll try to answer this
more directly. There are a number of good resources.

One thing which I'd recommend is Hal Daume's "Yet Another Haskell
Tutorial" at http://www.isi.edu/~hdaume/htut/

There is an IRC channel, #haskell on irc.freenode.org, where you can
come to ask questions and talk about Haskell, and computer science in
general.

There is also a wiki where you can post questions and read articles on
various aspects of the language: http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/

The programs you might want for executing Haskell code include
GHC/GHCi at http://www.haskell.or/ghc/. GHC is a full featured Haskell
compiler, and GHCi is an interactive interpreter, they come bundled
together, and are quite good for most purposes. These are the ones I'd
recommend to most people, but there are a few other choices as well.
Hugs, at http://www.haskell.org/hugs/ is a fairly popular interpreter
written in C, it's faster than GHCi, but the error messages could use
some more work in places. There's also NHC, another Haskell compiler,
at http://www.haskell.org/nhc98/ which aims at low memory consumption
of produced executables.

Hope this helps,
 - Cale