[Haskell-cafe] [Newbie] Quest for inheritance

Cédric Paternotte cpaternotte at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:39:32 EDT 2005

Hi Ralf,

> See Section 7.3 of the latest revision of "Haskell's overlooked object system". There are pointers and explanations. This discussion also
> clarifies that the phantom approach is tailored for foreign library
> and component import (but it can be generalized and has been indeed,
> by Burton in a paper from 1990).

Thank you for bringing us this rewrite. It is definitely worth it in my opinion.

Read it once and although I need a few more reads to digest it, I
could get a much better sense of what was going on. I also found it
both easier to graps and more comprehensive.

Thanks for this quality paper. I noticed it's still in draft stage so
I conclude there'll be further revisions...

Cédric