[Haskell-cafe] Compiling an extremely large Haskell file (in GHC)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 20:05:19 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 12:11 +0300, Radu Grigore wrote:
> On 6/27/05, Arjun Guha <GUHAARJU at grinnell.edu> wrote:
> > It's the all-pairs
> > shortest paths data for a map of the Hyde Park area of Chicago (no real
> > reason, really).
>
> I wonder: is there really no way to do Floyd-Warshall in Haskell?

Indeed I understand from a colleague who implemented an all-pairs
shortest paths algorithm in Haskell over the weekend for a map of the
Hyde Park area of Chicago (no real reason, really!), that it takes about
0.1 seconds to execute (if you compile with -O), which is well within
the 5 second limit...

I wonder why everyone is so interested in the distances between
intersections in the Hyde Park area of Chicago all of a sudden...

http://icfpc.plt-scheme.org/

Duncan