[Haskell-cafe] Announce: Yet Another Tool to Generate FFI Bindings: hsffig

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 20:17:46 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 03:39 -0400, Dimitry Golubovsky wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the very first alpha release of the (yet
> another) FFI binding autogeneration tool.

[...]

> http://www.golubovsky.org/repos/hsffig/
>
> I will appreciate any feedback.

You may be interested to know that there is a new C lexer and parser for
c2hs (which is another excelent Haskell FFI preprocessor). The new lexer
and parser were written to improve the parsing performance on large C
headder files. It uses Alex and Happy and parses about 1Mb of C headers
in two seconds (on a fast machine) using reasonably little heap space.

If a GPL license is ok for you, you might be able to borrow/share the
implementation.

Duncan