[Haskell-cafe] Re: Specify array or list size?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat May 7 13:08:47 EDT 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 12:40:55PM -0400, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> In your opinion, do you think Haskell is appropriate for someone with
> zero math background? I can't imagine how I'd explain something like
> currying to someone who doesn't know math.

I'd think it'd be pretty easy for a non-mathy non-programmer person to
learn (based on pure speculation--I've never taught haskell).  There is a
sort of "basic core" of haskell that is pretty easy, and most of the higher
level concepts are a sort of nicer way to say the same thing.  For example,
while lambda expressions are very nice, it's always possible to do the same
thing by declaring a named function in a let or where clause.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net