[Haskell-cafe] Python?

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma at info.unicaen.fr
Wed May 11 07:40:51 EDT 2005

Pierre Barbier de Reuille wrote about Python and lambdas:

> Well, I would not recommand using lambda functions ! The main reason
> is they are limited in that they only accept expressions (ie. not
> statements) and you can end up with very ugly things (mainly because
> of the lack of if-expressions).

Oh! You would *like to have imperative statements within LAMBDA*?

Friend, you are in state of mortal sin!

I suppose that if somebody decides to use lambdas, he wants to do some
functional programming, no?

True, there are no conditional expressions. But there are because of the
laziness of boolean combinators. This works:

(x > y) or 'allez en enfer'

Jerzy Karczmarczuk