[Haskell-cafe] re: Python

Stijn De Saeger stijndesaeger at gmail.com
Tue May 31 06:36:07 EDT 2005

> On 27/05/05, John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:
> > Yes, but actually much of that is slated for removal from the Python
> > language in future versions.  See
> >
> > http://www.python.org/peps/pep-3000.html
>
> I still can't believe that Guido will get away with this...

Yes. Many people I know state the functional part as a big reason why
they chose python.
Basically, before Python 3000 a number of scenarios are thinkable :
- The python community will just bite their lip and take it.
- There'll be some skirmishes and the proposal will get shot down
after a small revolution. (not likely)
- python will get a second -- more functional -- branch coexisting
with the standard.

I personally can see this last scenario happen, for some reason.
I know it's not even being developed yet, but does anyone know what
date python 3000 is aiming at?

s.