[Haskell-cafe] ghc 6.4 import problem

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Tue May 31 10:27:35 EDT 2005

Am Dienstag, 31. Mai 2005 14:05 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, 31 May 2005, Daniel Fischer wrote:
> (snip)
>
> > The module Set has undergone major changes - look at the code and admire,
> > if you have it. Formerly sets were implemented as 'FiniteMap's, now as
> > size-balanced trees. Formerly there was a function called 'mapSet', now
>
> (snip)
>
> I'm puzzled: wasn't the FiniteMap version also some form of size-balanced
> tree?
>
> -- Mark

Indeed, I have looked at the sources and found out that now the
implementations of 'Set' and 'Map' are basically the same.
Presumably the new implementation of size-balanced trees is (much?) more
efficient than the old one from 'FiniteMap'.

Cheers,
Daniel