[Haskell-cafe] How to use a wiki to annotate GHC Docs? was Re: [Haskell] Re: Making Haskell more open

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Wed Nov 16 06:51:06 EST 2005

Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> writes:

> It really really is a turn off. Sometimes when I spot a mistake, and
> I'm at a computer where I haven't logged in to hawiki, I don't bother
> fixing it. No one wants to have yet another account, to fill in their
> personal details yet again.
>
> I appreciate spam is a problem, but turning off unregistered users is
> a trade off - less content, less spam, less open to people joining -
> its not a free solution.

Yeah, I see your point. The problem was that each automated spam change had to
be manually undone. The latest unreleased version of MoinMoin has batch undo
features for just this reason, I'll see if I can install it onto haskell.org

Assuming I get it installed, I'll give batch-undo privileges to the most active
wiki users. Up till now Cale Gibbard, Thomas Jaeger, and I have done most of
the boring spam removal work.

I probably won't have time to do this before the weekend though.
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.ScannedInAvian.com/ - Sockmonster once said:
You could switch out the unicycles for badgers, and the game would be the same.