[Haskell-cafe] Project postmortem

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:41:47 EST 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 1:55 PM, Simon Marlow wrote:

> You can get debugging output by compiling your program with -debug,
> and
> then running it with some of the -D<something> options (use +RTS -?
> for
> a list, +RTS -Ds is a good one to start with).

I'm still working on a repro case but here's what I get...

+RTS -Ds
scheduler: checking for threads blocked on I/O
sched: -->> running thread 1103 ThreadRunGHC ...
sched: --<< thread 1103 (ThreadRunGHC) stopped: is blocked on an MVar
all threads:
         thread 1225 @ 0x1539000 is not blocked
         thread 1224 @ 0x1506aa4 is not blocked
         thread 1223 @ 0x15066a4 is not blocked
scheduler: checking for threads blocked on I/O
sched: -->> running thread 1107 ThreadRunGHC ...
Segmentation fault

1107 is not blocked in the list of all threads. What options should I
try next?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/