[Haskell-cafe] Converting [Word8] to String

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 06:52:22 EDT 2005

Folks,

How do I convert a list of bytes to a string?

Cale has suggested a neat way of parsing binary packets in this thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell-cafe@haskell.org/msg09413.html

and I'm trying to create a packet reader for a Pascal-style string
where the length is the first byte and the list of characters follows.

I understand that I can take the first X bytes of the byte list but
how do I make this into a string?

I'll probably use fast packed strings to read from the socket handle
and will unpack the fps into a list of bytes for parsing.

     Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/