[Haskell-cafe] Interest in helping w/ Haskell standard

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Fri Oct 14 04:08:32 EDT 2005

Hello Simon,

>> (I'm specifically interested in seeing SPJ's records proposal
>> included, and a new module system).

SM> Highly unlikely, IMHO.  A new revision of the Haskell standard is not
SM> the place for testing new research, rather it's a clear specification of
SM> existing well-understood language features.

+1 :)

but we may add them to standard definition as "Possible extensions"
appendix. moreover, if some already implemented language extensions
(f.e., Template Haskell) are not good enough to be included in
standard itself, it may be also included here - just to have one place
where many language extensions are described. and also a source for
new features which MAY be included in Haskell2

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com