[Haskell-cafe] Re: Interest in helping w/ Haskell standard

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Fri Oct 14 10:20:24 EDT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2005 13:39 schrieb Stephane Bortzmeyer:
> [...]

> Regexps and XML are, IMHO, also "must haves".

By the way, it should be possible to handle regular expressions in an
Haskell-like way.  I always couldn't understand why one has to write regular
expressions as strings which have to be interpreted at runtime.  I would
prefer something like this:

	identifierRegExp = alpha +++ iterate (alpha ||| digit ||| underscore)
	alpha = ('A' `to` 'Z') ||| ('a' `to` 'z')
	digit = '0' `to` '9'
	underscore = only '_'

What do others think?

Best wishes,