[Haskell-cafe] RE: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: ghc-src version 0.2.0

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Sep 15 13:36:23 EDT 2005

Hello Simon,

>> But I did finish the combinator based parser for GHC. I tested it by
>> having GHC( with combinator parser) compile itself and all the
>> libraries. This took about 10% longer than with the original GHC, so
>> in practice its speed is acceptable.

SM> With all due respect, a 10% increase in compile time isn't acceptable at
SM> all!

ability to extend/change Haskell syntax will be very interesting. i
will be glad to see it in some Haskell compiler, at least as
alternative front-end. for example, this give us ability to implement
automatic lifting with `borrow` keyword, dicussed now in Haskell ML

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com