[Haskell-cafe] wxHaskell: convenience functions

Mark Carter mcturra2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 13:13:42 EDT 2005

I'm experimenting with wxHaskell, and I've got something like:

main = run mainFrame

mainFrame = do -- main application frame
    cbEdit <- checkBox p1 [text := "Edit Mode",  on command ::=
onCbEdit textlog]
  where

It would be useful to have some convenience function, let's say,
isEditing, which works out whether cbEdit is checked, or not. That way,
one could just pass this in as a parameter without requiring any extra
code. The problem is, I can't see how it can be done. I've tried various
things in the main section, and nothing worked. I tried putting the
following defintion into the where clause:

    isEditing = do
        checkedp <- get cbEdit checked
        return checkedp

but the compiler complained that cbEdit is not in scope. I /could/ pass
in cbEdit as a parameter to isEditing, but I'd rather not.