[Haskell-cafe] PPM image manipulation

Björn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Wed Apr 5 04:16:13 EDT 2006

Jared Updike wrote:
> P.S. After googling around for "haskell image manipulation" (in the
> hopes of finding some Haskell image lib like VIPS [1] or the Python
> Imaging Library [2]), I found the assignment spoken of
>   http://cs.anu.edu.au/Student/comp1100/assts/asst1/
> just so everyone knows. BTW, does Haskell have an imaging library that
> people usually turn to? (Or should I add that to my list of cool
> projects that I need to get around to ...)

There are a bunch of libraries listed on the wiki [1], but I don't know
if there is one that poeple usually turn to. I rolled my own GD binding
[2] when I needed to resize JPEGs, but that's all it does at the moment.
Contributions are welcome.

/Björn

[1]
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Libraries_and_tools/Graphics