[Haskell-cafe] Code Review: Sudoku solver

David F. Place d at vidplace.com
Thu Apr 6 19:50:02 EDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 6:05 PM, Daniel Fischer wrote:

> I've also written a version using David F. Place's EnumSet instead
> of [Int],
> that takes less MUT time, but more GC time, so is slower on the
> 36,628 test,
> but faster for a single puzzle.

That's a curious result.  Did you compile with optimization?  It
should compile into primitive bit-twiddling operations and do no
allocating at all.  I'd be curious to see how fast my solver works on
the 36,628 test.  I'm afraid to run my ancient limping powerbook in
such a tight loop for that long.  It gets too hot!

If you'd find it amusing to give it a whirl, I'd love to know the
result.

David F. Place
mailto:d at vidplace.com