[Haskell-cafe] web servers

Daniel McAllansmith dagda at xtra.co.nz
Wed Apr 12 18:35:40 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 22:52, Graham Klyne wrote:
> I'm interested, but I don't have the time to look right now (or in the next
> couple of months, as far as I can see).
>
> What would really interest me is a system that can provide the
> functionality of the Python packages I currently use (TurboGears [1], of
> which the web server/controller component is CherryPy [2]).  There's also
> some interesting recent CherryPy-related discussion about web dispatching
> that I think could translate very well to Haskell [3][4].

It's certainly nothing that grand.
It's intended scope was confined to accepting connections, decoding requests
and handing them off to arbitrary request handlers which is where all that
higher level stuff would come into play.

I just had a look at Network.HTTP, looks like there have been some recent
changes to allow server-side uses.
Perhaps that could be a home for parts of it, though the two approaches seem a
bit different.

Daniel